Greenway Irrigation provides a number of maintenance services to keep your irrigation system performing at peak efficiency year after year. View our multiple service plans and call us today at (919) 217-4340 for your professional irrigation maintenance!
Winter/Spring Maintenance Package
Our Winter/Spring Maintenance Package offers a convenient and worry-free solution to protect your investment from the effects of freezing temperatures and to get your sprinklers up-and-running as soon as spring has sprung.
Greenway typically begins scheduling customers’ Winter Shut-Down Service in the middle of October. Unlike many other irrigation or lawn care companies, Greenway provides a complete flush-out of your sprinkler system using powerful 2-stage air compressors. This is the only way to guarantee that water is removed from the pipes and sprinkler heads and will not freeze during the winter.
After the final freeze, generally by mid-March, Greenway begins the Spring Start-ups. Given the usual high demand for start-up, Greenway makes it a policy to give first priority to those customers who selected its Winter/Spring Start-up Package. As always, our start-up service includes a full cycle through your irrigation system to identify and correct any issues.
- Compressed air flush-out of main & lateral lines.
- Identify system issues to be addressed presently or at spring start-up.
- Remove backflow preventer for storage either at Greenway’s office or the homeowner’s garage.
- Siphon and cover backflow riser assemblies to prevent introduction of debris into the system.
SPRING START-UP SERVICE
- Priority start-up scheduling for Winter/Spring Maintenance customers.
- Re-install backflow preventer.
- Pressurize and full cycle-thru the system to
- Adjust sprinkler coverage & controller settings, as needed, and
- Identify any damage that may have occurred over the winter.
- Install new batteries in the system controller.